A Cape Town South African Jewish Museum tagged image from photographer – wallyg as published on Flickr.
NYC – UES – 5th Avenue/Museum Mile
Image by wallyg
Museum Mile is the name for a stretch of Fifth Avenue running from 82nd to 105th streets on the Upper East Side in a neighborhood known as Carnegie Hill. New York City officially designated this segment as Museum Mile because it is the location of nine museums, several of which are world-renowned. A tenth museum, the Museum for African Art, will be joining the ensemble in 2008.
The nine museums, north to south, are:
* El Museo del Barrio at 104th Street
* Museum of the City of New York (MCNY) at 103rd Street
* The Jewish Museum at 92nd Street
* Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution at 91st Street
* National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts at 89th Street
* Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum at 88th Street
* Neue Galerie New York at 86th Street
* Goethe-Institut New York/German Cultural Center at 83rd Street
* The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) at 82nd Street
Other museums in the area include:
* Frick Collection and Reference Library at 70th Street
* Whitney Museum of American Art at 75th Street and Madison Avenue
Click here to submit your Cape Town News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Quick Cape Town Fact: The City of Cape Town’s motto is ‘Spes Bona’ which is Latin for ‘Good Hope’.