We are proud of the Western Cape tourism businesses who shone at the National Lilizela Tourism Awards, taking home 12 coveted trophies on Saturday, 9 November.
The word “Lilizela” is an isiZulu word that means celebrating & praising by ululating when someone has done well.
Every single one of these businesses deserves our celebration and praise, because they play an important role in the tourism sector, ensuring that we grow the economy and create jobs in the Western Cape.
The Western Cape winners in the 2019 Lilizela Tourism Awards are:
- Tour Operator – Earthstompers Adventures (Somerset West)
- Accommodation Mobility 4 Star – Soli Deo Gloria (Paternoster)
- Experience Mobility 5 Star – Cape Town International Convention Centre Company (Cape Town)
- Scenic Beauty 4 Star – Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve (Cedarberg)
- Caravan & Camping 4 Star – Dibiki Holiday Resort (Mossel Bay)
- Backpackers & Hosteling 5 Star – Saltycrax Backpackers (Cape Town)
- Bed & Breakfast 3 Star – African Tulip Guesthouse (Tulbagh)
- Lodge 4 Star- Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve (Cedarberg)
- Self-Catering Exclusive 3 Star – Aquarius Luxury Suites (Cape Town)
- Small Hotel 3 Star – Eendracht Hotel (Stellenbosch)
- Apartment Hotel 4 Star – The Hyde Hotel (Cape Town)
- Tour Guides (Cultural Guide) – Bulelani Gerald Futshane