Cape Town caters for everyone – the well heeled and the backpacker.
Below is a Top 10 list of the cheapest accommodation available in Cape Town as listed on the SafariNow web site. For the purposes of this exercise we only considered ‘per person sharing’ rates, self catering, guest house and backpacker establishments and excluded caravan and camping sites (Click each link to get the latest rates):
- From R80 per person: Green Elephant Backpackers – Backpacker in Observatory. Friendly backpackers with excellent travel information and booking office. A solar heated swimming pool complements the hot jacuzzi for great relaxing parties. The computer has ADSL fast internet access for guests. All double rooms have 4 poster beds and the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable.
- From R90 per person: Lighthouse Farm Lodge & Backpackers – a Backpacker in Mowbray. Beautiful site with open fields and river with views on Devils peak and Table Mountain. The rooms are doubles, twins, singles and dorms between 4 and 12 beds (bunk beds) with Oregon pine floors and lockable storage space. Self-catering kitchen with all amenities. Besides a full range of tours available we have horse riding, beautiful walks along the rivers.
- From R100 per person: Backpackers District Six – a Backpacker in Zonnebloem. Quaint modern seven-bedroom backpackers situated within the Castle Hotel in the up-and-coming East city prescint, which forms part of the historical District Six area.
- From R118 per person: Mountain Manor Backpackers – a Backpacker in Gardens. Our lodge has the most fabulous views of Table Mountain and Lions Head. Our entertainment room is fitted out with DSTV (Sky equivalent), a pool table and darts. There is also a TV room where you can watch television or just hang out chatting to fellow travellers.
- From R120 per person: Woodlands – a Backpacker, Self-catering in Southfield. The Southern Suburbs lie at the base of Table Mountain National Park – a mountainous backbone that stretches all the way from Signal Hill to Cape Point.
- From R130 per person: The Beach Lodge – a Lodge, Backpacker in Muizenberg. This seaside Edwardian building has a 20 m balcony overlooking the beach and the whole of False Bay – perfect for whale viewing. The lodge offers spacious single, double, twin, family and dorm rooms at very affordable rates.
- From R135 per person: Blouberg Warwick Apartment – a Self-catering in West Beach. Blouberg Warwick Apartment is a two-bedroom, ground floor, self-catering unit with double glass sliding doors leading from the lounge onto the patio and an attractive garden area.
- From R150 per person: Albany House – a Guest House in Sea Point. Albany House is very well located only 5 mins walk from the beach front and close to the famous V&A Waterfront. The Guesthouse has five double rooms all with private shower/toilet and wash basin. The pool is located at the back of the house with a sunny private sun deck.
- From R200 per person: The Vineyards on Alpha Guest House – a Guest House in Brackenfell. The Vineyards on Alpha Guest House is a quaint Cape Dutch-style guest house located in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. We are centrally located to wine routes, shopping centres, hospitals, golf courses, casinos, restaurants, and gyms.
- From R250 per person: Rachel’s Home from Home – a Self-catering, Bed and Breakfast in University Estate. Cozy and spacious Guest House with delightful garden. Two double rooms. Garden Apartment sleeps six people. Full hot breakfast served on upstairs landing overlooking views of Cape Town Harbour and surrounding suburbs. Or if preferred self catering available. Enclosed secure parking in garage.